It’s been quite a month for me and personally, I have to admit, each day every comes with a surprise. I had been receiving emails and feedback from all my readers across the world right after publishing the recent article MY STORY: HOW I OVERCAME PCOS (Part 1) and I want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to those who reached out to me, it has helped me grow emotionally with each one of you!
Now, let’s get back to the highlight topic of the day! HAIRCARE.
I get many requests from my followers and readers about my hair care routine, here are the religious steps that I follow since I was a little girl. Let’s get right at it.
My hair concept is pretty simple, care for your hair as much as you care for your skin. Most of us neglect the fact of taking care of our hair thinking it is the least important list in our health benefits cause hey, it’s just ‘the hair’ and if we shampoo them every twice a week it’s all good. No! My friends, just as the skin our hair needs the same nurture and care and it is an absolute important beauty feature, belief or not that’s our crown of glory.
It is important to first understand what is your hair type in order to to use the right shampoo, hair mask and even getting the correct hair oil. As a child, I was born with a luscious lux wavy hair and they happen to be silky! (thank you, mommy).
The common myth buster people think is that wavy hair has s-shaped curls down its length, it’s the perfect blend between straight and curly. Sometimes the hair can appear straight with slight bends towards the ends of the hair, or it can have consistent waves throughout the shaft. This hair has ultimate flexibility and is easy to straighten, keep wavy, and curl. But, on the other hand, the struggles are sometimes it does get greasy on the top and dry at the bottom and it is much more prone to frizz than any other hair type.
How I Clean My Hair?
I wash my hair 3 times a week (alternate days). Personally, it differs for an individual but I like to keep my hair healthy at all times to avoid the greasiness.
HOW I CARE: I would absolutely
- Avoid hot shower directly on my head. Never do that!
- Shampoo my scalp and massage it in a circular motion. This is to improve blood circulation.
- Deep hair masking only twice in a month just to keep my hair soft.
- NEVER comb my hair using a brush when it’s wet. I’ve once read on the magazine that when our hair is soaking wet, it is weaker, fragile and more susceptible to breakage.
- Always brush from the bottom and work up.
- Keep my brushes clean. I wash them every weekend.
- Use a low-heat setting for hair drying and point the nozzle down. Most of the time I leave it to dry on its own to avoid the heating on my hair much.
- Always deep soak my hair with organic coconut & almond oil. The coconut essence helps the hair for thickness and growth whereas the and almond oil is for a smooth and silky texture. I do this every weekend and washes off with lukewarm water first before shampooing my hair, I will never use the conditioner while doing so to keep the goodness of the oil on my hair.
Which Products I Use ??
- Since my teenage years, I am a faithful Sunsilk girl. First of all, it leaves my hair really smooth, shining and the smell! My hair smells like a sakura flower! It’s amazing especially when I am out on a date with my man, he always gets smitten away with my hair smell. It’s been years now and this product is still the best!
- And recently I’m trying out the Hask Argan oil hair shampoo and conditioner. They are pretty great too.
- I would use the Viva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil & Almond oil. The Viva Naturals range oil is 100% Pure and Hexane-Free, ideal for Skin and Hair DIYs.
How I Style My Hair
Since wavy hair has many choices, I can choose whether to straighten it, I always use the Loreal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray to set my hair in place. Watch my Youtube video How I Curl My Hair.
Based on my experiences, I would suggest to all women who have wavy hair – keeping it natural and spritzing some texturizing or salt spray gives you a beachy look. And there you have it! My hair care routine.
Add these extra universal rule of thumb to help your hair stay it’s most healthy and beautiful:
- Invest in a silk pillow to prevent hair breakage.
- Eat healthy foods and drink water to help new hair grow beautifully.